When I install VirtualBox on macOS, I meet an error message like this The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. I struggled for some time and finally find the solution to fix it. Now let me tell you.
1. How To Enable VirtualBox To Be Installed On macOS.
- To fix this issue is not hard, you just need to follow the below steps.
- Click the Apple menu ( ) at the top left menu bar.
- Then click the System Preferences menu item in the popup menu lists.
- Click Security & Privacy icon, then click the General tab.
- You can see there is a message ( System software from developer “Oracle America, Inc.” was blocked from loading ) is displayed at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Allow button to make the message disappear, now install the VirtualBox again, it will be successful.
2. Install MacOS Application From Both App Store & Identified Developers.
- By default, your macOS only allow installing macOS app from App Store.
- But you have the choice to install the macOS app from identified developers, please follow the below steps.
- Open Security & Privacy window as described in section 1.
- Click the little lock icon at the window bottom-left corner to unlock the settings, you need to provide the administrator password.
- Select App Store and identified developers radio button in the section Allow apps downloaded from.
- Click the little lock to save the changes.
- Now you can install macOS apps downloaded from both App Store & identified developers.