When i install VirtualBox on MacOS, i meet error message like this The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. I struggled for some time and finally find the solution to fix it. Now let me tell you.
Bellow is the error message window.
1. How To Enable VirtualBox To Be Installed On MacOS.
To fix this issue is not hard, you just need to follow below steps.
- Click the Apple menu ( ) at top left menu bar.
- Then click System Preferences menu item.
- Click Security & Privacy icon, then click General tab. You can see there is a message ( System software from developer “Oracle America, Inc.” was blocked from loading ) is displayed at the bottom of the window. Click the Allow button to make the message disappear, now install the VirtualBox again, it will be successful.
2. Install MacOS Application From Both App Store & Identified Developers.
By default your MacOS only allow install MacOS app from App Store. But you have choice to install MacOS app from identified developers, please follow below steps.
- Open Security & Privacy window as described in section 1.
- Click the little lock icon at the window bottom-left corner to unlock the settings, you need to provide the administrator password.
- Select App Store and identified developers radio button in the Allow apps downloaded from area.
- Click the little lock to save the changes.
- Now you can install MacOS apps downloaded from both App Store & identified developers.