When I install a Mac application from the downloaded dmg file directly ( that means I do not install it from the Mac app store ), then the below error window will pop up. The error message is something like “iZipFast” can’s be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. This means that I can not install it directly, but after some investigation, I finally find the method to resolve it.
“iZipFast" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers. www.izipfest.com OK
1. Change Security Preferences To Allow Install Application From Unidentified Developer.
- Follow the below steps to change the security preferences.
- Click Mac Logo —> System Preferences menu item to open the System Preferences popup window.
- Click Security & Privacy icon in the System Preferences window.
- Click the little lock icon at the bottom left corner of the Security & Privacy window to make changes.
- Input correct user name and password. Then you can see that there is a message at the window bottom that said your app has been blocked because it is not from an identified developer, just click the Open Anyway button to install it.