I have a physical iPhone, and I have set up a macOS virtual machine in VirtualBox. I want to connect my iPhone to the macOS VirtualBox virtual machine with USB cabel line, this article will tell you how to do it step by step.
1. Connect iPhone To Virtualbox macOS Virtual Machine Steps.
- Make sure you have installed the Virtualbox Extension Pack on your Virtualbox ( please refer to the article How To Install Virtualbox Extension Pack Correctly ).
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB line.
- Open Virtualbox, click the virtual machine in the left panel.
- Then click the Settings icon on the right panel top area to open the macOS virtual machine settings window.
- Click the USB item on the settings window left item list.
- Then check the Enable USB Controller checkbox on the right panel to enable it.
- Choose the first USB 1.1 (OHCI) Controller radio button under it.
- In the USB Device Filters area ( that is behind the above radio button ), click the Adds new USB filter button ( a USB icon with a green plus button ) to add the USB filter.
- Select your iPhone from the popup USB devices list to add it to the USB devices filter list.
- Click the OK button to save the settings.
- Now start or restart the macOS virtual machine, and when your iPhone popup an alert dialog, press the Trust button on it.
- Login to the macOS virtual machine, open a Finder window, you can find your iPhone on the Finder window left side, under the Locations item.