HomeBrew is a very useful package management tool on mac os. It can be used to install, update, uninstall, search, list mac os software packages. It make your work simple and clear. But HomeBrew is not installed on mac os by default, you need to install it before use it. This article will tell you how to install and use it.
Before install homebrew, you should make sure your mac os match below conditions.
- Your mac os version should be higher than 10.10.
- You had better install Xcode on your mac os, because Xcode will install some command line tools which is needed.
2. Install HomeBrew On Mac.
Install HomeBrew on mac is very easy, just follow below steps.
- Open a terminal and type below command in it.
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
- Then the installation process will start, you can see it download a lot of packages, when you see below message, it means the homebrew installation has been completed successfully.
Already up-to-date. ==> Installation successful!
- Verify HomeBrew has been installed successfully. Run command
brew helpin terminal, then you can see below output, that means homebrew has been installed successfully.
$ brew help Example usage: brew search [TEXT|/REGEX/] brew info [FORMULA...] brew install FORMULA... brew update brew upgrade [FORMULA...] brew uninstall FORMULA... brew list [FORMULA...] ...... ...... ......