Recently, I found when I use my iPhone as a hotspot, I can not use it as WiFi to connect my Windows Laptop to the internet. This article will tell you how to fix it.
1. How To Use iPhone Hotspot To Connect The Windows Laptop To The Internet.
1.1 Turn On Hotspot On iPhone.
- Click the Settings icon on the iPhone screen.
- Then click the Personal Hotspot or Cellular > Personal Hotspot item to open the Personal Hotspot page.
- Turn on the Allow Others to Join toggle button to enable the personal hotspot.
- Then input a password for the personal hotspot.
- Now you can connect to the personal hotspot through WiFi, Bluetooth, or a USB line.
- Now I can not connect to the iPhone hotspot through WiFi, but I can connect to it through Bluetooth or a USB line.
1.2 How To Connect To The iPhone Hotspot Through Bluetooth.
1.2.1 Turn On Bluetooth On Windows.
- Click the Windows Startup Menu —> Settings icon.
- Click the Devices icon on the Settings page.
- Click the Bluetooth and Other Devices menu item on the left side.
- Turn on the Bluetooth toggle button on the right side.
- Click the Add Bluetooth or Other Devices ( a plus icon) on the right side.
- Click the Bluetooth item in the Add Device popup dialog.
- Select your iPhone from the devices list, and it will display the connecting progress bar ( now you should make sure you have turned on Bluetooth on the iPhone side, you can refer to section 1.2.1 ).
- Now there will popup a dialog on the iPhone side, press the Pair button to pair the Windows and the iPhone.
- When the pairing iPhone and Windows process is completed successfully, you can find the iPhone in the Windows Network and Internet Settings area that is located on the bottom right corner of Windows to use the iPhone to connect to the internet.
1.2.3 Turn On Bluetooth On iPhone.
- Click the iPhone Settings —> Bluetooth menu.
- Turn on the Bluetooth toggle button on the Bluetooth page.
- Then select the Windows Laptop on the devices list to connect to it.
1.3 Connect The iPhone And Windows LapTop With A USB Line.
- If you find the above method still does not take effect, you can use a USB line to connect your Windows Laptop with your iPhone directly.
- Then you can find the iPhone in the Windows Network and Internet Settings area at the bottom right corner of the Windows desktop.
- Then you can connect to the iPhone and use it to browse the internet. This is the easiest way that I have ever found.