When I start Eclipse on windows 7, it prompts an alert dialog with the error message the procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-1l-1-0.dll. This article will tell you how to fix it.
1. What Is Windows Universal C Runtime (CRT) & Why The Error Happen.
- Windows 10 provides a Universal C Runtime (CRT) system component.
- This component can enable CRT function on Windows, and it runs on the operating system level.
- But other Windows version that is earlier than Windows 10 does not provide this component.
- So when you run a windows program that needs the CRT feature on Windows 7, then the error will happen.
2. How To Fix The Error.
- Microsoft provides an update package ( KB2999226 ) that can be installed on the earlier Windows OS ( earlier than Windows 10 ).
- You can download the standalone package from the web page Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows following the below steps.
- Open the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows page, and scroll down to the section Method 2: Microsoft Download Center.
- Click the Download the package now link after your Windows version ( mine is Windows 7 ) to go to the download page.
- On the update package download page, select the language and then click the Download button to download it.
- Click the downloaded package ( mine is Windows6.1-KB2999226-x64 ) to install it.
- After installing it, the error may be resolved, if not, restart your windows, then the error should be resolved.