When i use windows remote desktop manager to manage a remote machine, i sometimes meet below issue. The copy and paste function from local machine to remote machine dose not take effect, so i can not transfer data between local and remote machine by copy and paste. This issue waste me a lot of time. After investigate, i finally find below solution to resolve the issue.
1. Resolve RDP Copy & Paste Not Working With Command Line.
- Login to remote machine with remote desktop manager.
- Open a dos window and execute below command.
>Taskkill.exe /im rdpclip.exe >Rdpclip.exe
- Now the copy and paste function between local and remote machine take effect again.
2. Resolve RDP Copy & Paste Not Working With Windows Task Manager.
- Log into remote desktop as administrator.
- Right click bottom task menu bar and open windows task manager.
- Click Processes tab, scroll down to find and select the rdpclip.exe process, then click End Process button to kill rdpclip.exe process.
- Click Applications tab, click New Task button and input rdpclip.exe in the input text box. Click OK, now the new rdpclip process has been created again and the copy & paste function between local and remote machine take effect again.