When I use the Windows remote desktop manager to manage a remote machine, I sometimes meet the below issue. The copy and paste function from the local machine to the remote machine does not take effect, so I can not transfer data between the local and the remote machine by copy and paste. This issue makes me waste a lot of time. After investigating, I finally find the below solution to resolve the issue.
1. Resolve RDP Copy & Paste Not Working With Command-Line.
- Log in to the remote machine with the Windows remote desktop manager.
- Open a dos window and execute the below command.
>Taskkill.exe /im rdpclip.exe SUCCESS: Sent termination signal to the process "rdpc1ip.exe" with PID 2816 >Rdpclip.exe
- Now the copy and paste function between local and remote machine takes effect again.
2. Resolve RDP Copy & Paste Not Working With Windows Task Manager.
- Log in to the remote desktop as administrator.
- Right-click the bottom task menu bar and click the Task Manager menu item in the popup menu list to open the windows task manager.
- Click the Processes tab, scroll down to find and select the rdpclip.exe process, then click the End Process button to kill the rdpclip.exe process.
- Click the Applications tab, click the New Task button, and input rdpclip.exe in the input text box, and click OK.
- Now the new rdpclip process has been created again and the copy & paste function between local and remote machines takes effect again.
3. How To Fix Windows Remote Desktop Copy & Paste Not Working Issue On AWS EC2.
- I set up a windows server using amazon AWS ec2.
- And I find I can not copy & paste data files between my local computer ( windows 10 ) and the EC2 windows server.
- Finally, I find the reason.
- When I log in to the remote windows server using the Administrator user, it can copy & paste the data files.
- When I log in to the remote windows server using another user account and the user is in the Administrator group, it can not copy & paste the data files between the local windows and the remote EC2 windows server.
- So I have to log in to the remote EC2 windows server using the Administrator user and copy the data files from the local computer to the remote AWS EC2 windows server.