I register a domain at bluehost.com. Recently I want to add a DNS record for the domain to point the domain to another VPS server IP address. But when I add DNS Record in the DNS zone editor, I encounter an error message Did not get any results for the domain. Now I will tell you how to fix it.
1. Fix Did Not Get Any Results For Domain Error Steps.
- The domain’s current name server is the Cloudflare name server. If you want to map the domain to a fixed static IP address, you can change the domain’s name server to use BlueHost’s owned name server. Then you can change the A record ( domain to IP mapping record ) in the BlueHost zone editor.
- But before you can add/edit A record in the BlueHost zone editor, you should first wait for some time to let the DNS name server change spread to all the DNS servers all over the world.
- If the DNS name server change propagation process is not completed successfully, and you add A record in the BlueHost zone file, then you will get the error message.
- So what you can do is just to wait, or you can read the article How To Know If DNS Propagation Is Complete to monitor the DNS name server change propagation status.
- When the DNS name server change propagation process is complete, you can edit the A record in BlueHost’s zone editor.