When you develop web application, you sometimes need to vew http headers or cookies value in web browser to verify whether your code execute correct or not. This example will tell you how to find and view the http header value and cookies in both google chrome, mozilla firefox and microsoft internet explorer.
1. View HTTP Headers, Cookies In Google Chrome.
- Start google chrome, and browse the webpage by input the page url in the address text box.
- When the web page load complete, right click the webpage, then click Inspect menu item in the popup menu list.
- Then there will popup a window in right or bottom in the browser, just click the Network tab in the window and reload the web page again. It will list all the network assets in left panel, click one asset in left panel, then click the Headers tab in right panel to see all the Response Headers and values, click Cookies tab to see all cookies.
2. View HTTP Headers, Cookie In Mozilla Firefox.
- It is similar with google chrome, just right click the webpage in firefox browser.
- Then click Inspect Element menu item in the popup menu list.
- There will popup a window in right or bottom of firefox. Click the Network tab in the window and reload the webpage will show all the network assets in a list. Click one asset in the list, you can see the Headers or Cookies by click related tab in the right.
3. View HTTP Headers, Cookie In Internet Explorer.
- Browse a web page in Internet Explorer.
- Then click Settings and more ( at the top right corner of internet explorer ) —> Developer Tools menu item.
- Then click the Network tab, reload the web page, and select one network asset in left, then you can click Headers or Cookies tab in right to see related header or cookie values.