I run VirtualBox in my Mac OS. And I install CentOS Linux as a virtual machine OS in VirtualBox. When I start the CentOS virtual machine, and when I focus on the virtual machine by clicking the mouse key in it, I can not go back to my Mac OS easily, this makes me crazy. Finally, I find the shortcut key to switch between VirtualBox host ( Mac OS, Or Windows ) and guest ( CentOS Linux ) OS.
1. Shortcut Key To Switch Between VirtualBox Host And Guest OS.
1.1 For macOS.
- Press control + tab + command key in mac os keyboard.
- If you find the above method does not take effect, then press the control + tab key first then press the command key at the same time. If you still can not switch, then try it several times, finally, you can get out from the virtual machine os.
1.2 For Windows.
- If you run VirtualBox virtual machine on Windows then when you click the virtual machine’s screen, it will show a prompt dialog window.
- If you look at it carefully, you will find the Right Ctrl key is the key that can release the mouse and keyboard from the VirtualBox virtual machine.
- And you can find the hotkey on the bottom right corner of the virtual machine window behind a down arrow icon.
- So just press the Right Ctrl key on the keyboard to release the mouse and keyboard from the VirtualBox virtual machine.