After install CentOS, when you start it, it will give you a command line interface, this is not user friendly. This article will tell you how to install GUI desktop software GNOME in CentOS and boot CentOS with GUI desktop.
1. Install GNOME Desktop.
- Login to CentOS with root user in command line.
- Run below yum command to install GNOME desktop, this may take some time.
# yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop" "Graphical Administration Tools" -y
- Install X Window System.
# yum groupinstall "X Window System" "Desktop" -y
- Start the GNOME GUI interface by run command startx.
- Run below command to reserve GUI interface for each time you start CentOS.
systemctl set-default graphical.target
2. How To Change CentOS Screen Resolution.
- Login to CentOS use GUI interface.
- Click Applications —> System Tools —> Settings menu item.
- In Settings window, click Devices —> Resolution to change the screen resolution. If you start a software, you should see it at bottom of the screen. If you can not see it, then the screen resolution is not correct.