After installing CentOS, when you start it, it will give you a command-line interface, this is not user-friendly. This article will tell you how to install GUI desktop software GNOME in CentOS and boot CentOS with GUI desktop.
1. Install GNOME Desktop.
- Login to CentOS with root user in the command line.
- Run below yum command to install GNOME desktop, this may take some time.
# yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop" "Graphical Administration Tools" -y
- Install X Window System.
# yum groupinstall "X Window System" "Desktop" -y
- Start the GNOME GUI interface by run command startx.
- Run the below command to reserve the GUI interface for each time you start CentOS.
systemctl set-default graphical.target
2. How To Change CentOS Screen Resolution.
- Login to CentOS use GUI interface.
- Click Applications —> System Tools —> Settings menu item.
- In the Settings window, click Devices —> Resolution to change the screen resolution. If you start one software, you should see it at bottom of the screen. If you can not see it, then the screen resolution is not correct.