If you are a blogger or publisher, you should know google is the most valuable traffic driver engine. So after you write an original article with hard work, the first thing is to let google crawl and index the article content, this can let google know you are the original owner of that article. Google provide search console tool for you to do this, but now from 2019/03/28, you can not submit your web page in the old version of google search console, you should use the new version, this article will tell you how to do it.
1. Submit Web Page To Google Use Old Version Google Search Console.
- Login to google search console use your google account.
- Then click ADD A PROPERTY button to add your website to the search console as a property.
- After that, click the website url link to go to the property dashboard.
- Then click Crawl —> Fetch as Google menu item in left panel.
- Input your article url context path in right panel input box, then select Desktop in the drop down list, click FETCH button to retrieve the web page.
- Select Mobile: Smartphone in the drop down list and click FETCH button again to make google crawl your web page mobile version.
- After above action, there is a button with text Request indexing at the end of each web page url, click this button to tell google to index the web page.
- Before indexing, google will display a reCAPTCHA window to verify that the action is performed by real person, just check the I’m not a robot checkbox and select Crawl only this URL radio button, then click Go button to send the request to google to index the web page.
2. Submit Web Page To Google Use New Version Google Search Console.
As you can see from Google search console —> Crawl —> Fetch as Google page, there is a warning message that said this old google search console will expire on Mar 28,2019, so we had better know how to use the new search console to submit your web page to google index.
- Click the blue Use new Search Console button at top right corner.
- Then it will show the new google search console web page.
- Input your web page url in the Inspect any URL input text box.
- It will popup a progress dialog tell you that google is processing.
- When the process complete, you can see below web page tell you that the url is not on google.
- Then click the REQUEST INDEXING link to send request to google to index the url.