When I develop the Django application and use the browser (for example google chrome) to browse my local Django website such as http://127.0.0.1:8000/user/register/, I got an error page that shows error message 502 Server dropped connection. I googled some time and finally find that the error reason is that my web browser uses a polipo proxy server, and I found two methods to resolve it.
1. Stop Use The Proxy Server.
- This method is the easiest way to resolve the error, but I need to use the proxy server to browse some websites.
- So this is not a good solution. Because I will toggle between the start and stop of the proxy server, it wastes time too much.
2. Setting Proxy Server By-Pass Domains Or IPs.
- This method is more good for my requirement. In this way, I can browse some websites through the proxy server and can also browse the website or IP address directly which is bypassed by the proxy server.
- This needs some configuration in the web browser, I will show you how to configure bypass domain or IP with google chrome.
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome menu item at the chrome top right corner.
- Click the Settings menu item in the popup menu list.
- Search keyword proxy in the open page and click the Open your computer’s proxy settings menu item to open the proxy configuration page.
- Click the Network Proxy gear button in the right panel to open the proxy server edit window.
- Input the domain or IP address in the Ignore Hosts input text box. Multiple domains or IPs should be separated by commas.