When i develop Django application and use browser (for example google chrome) to browse my local Django website such as http://127.0.0.1:8000/user/register/, i got an error page which show error message 502 Server dropped connection. I googled some time and finally find that the error reason is that my web browser use a polipo proxy server. So i found two method to resolve it.
1. Stop Use The Proxy Server.
This method is the easiest way to resolve the error, but i need to use the proxy server to browse some website, so this is not good solution. Because i will toggle between start and stop the proxy server, it waste time too much.
2. Setting Proxy Server By Pass Domains Or Ips.
This method is more good for my requirement. In this way i can browse some website through the proxy server and can also browse the website or ip address directly which is by passed by the proxy server.
This need some configuration in the web browser, i will show you how to configure by pass domain or ip with google chrome.
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome menu item at chrome top right.
- Click Settings menu item in the popup menu list.
- Search keyword proxy in the open page and click Open proxy settings menu item to open the proxy configuration page.
- Click the Network Proxy gear button in right panel to open the proxy server edit window.
- Input the domain or ip address in the Ignore Hosts input text box. Multiple domain or ip should be separated by comma.