In this article i will show you how to make excel cell expand it’s width and height to fit the input text width or height automatically.
1. Make Excel Cell Expand To Fit Text Size Method 1.
- Put the mouse pointer at the cell’s column heading right border or row heading lower border that you want to expand.
- When the mouse pointer change to a left-right or up-down arrow, double click it.
- Then you can find the cell has been expanded to fit the text size.
2. Make Excel Cell Expand To Fit Text Size Method 2.
- Select the excel cell that you want to expand to fit the text size.
- Click Home —> Format —> AutoFit Row Height / AutoFit Column Width menu item to expand it.
- Above menu item has shorcut key that is
Alt + H( Home tab) +
O( Format menu ) +
A( AutoFit Row Height ) /
I(AutoFit Column Width)
3. Expand Multiple Excel Cell To Fit Text.
Some times you need to expand multiple excel cells to make them fit the text content, you can follow below steps to do it.
- Select multiple columns or rows.
- Or press
Ctrl + Ato select the whole excel worksheet.
- Then you can follow method 1 or 2 to expand all the columns or rows.