When I run an android studio on mac os for the first time after installing it, it popup a dialog with the error message Unable To Access Android Sdk Add-on List. This article will tell you how to fix this issue.
1. Fix Unable To Access Android SDK Add-On List Error Steps.
- Click the Cancel button in the above popup dialog. Then it will show you the Missing SDK window in the Android Studio Setup Wizard. The title is No Android SDK found, the detail message is Before continuing, you must download the necessary components or select an existing SDK.
- Just click the Next button in the above wizard window then it will popup the android SDK Component Setup window. In this window, you should check the components ( android SDK platform ) which you want to update/install.
- Select the android SDK component in the left list panel. By default, it will list the most recent Android SDK version. Then click the Next button, Then it will download the android SDK component that you select.
- But if you can not see the above popup window, maybe your java version is not suitable for the android studio. So you need to change your default java version to such as java 8. You can find the related articles in the references section at the end of this article.
- When download complete, click the Finish button, then it will open the android studio welcome page.
2. Add Other Android SDK Platform In Android Studio.
If you want to use other android SDK platforms when you run an android studio, you can follow the below steps. Below android studio is run on mac os x.
- Open android studio.
- Click Android Studio —> Preferences… menu item on the top left corner in macOS.
- Then it will open the android studio preferences window. Click Appearance & Behavior —> System Settings —> Android SDK menu item in the left panel, it will show all the available android SDK platform list in the right panel.
- Select the android SDK platform you want to install and click the OK button, then it will popup a Confirm Change window, click the OK button to confirm the changes.
- Now the License Agreement window will popup, select Accept radio button, then click the Next button to start the download and install the selected android SDK platform. After download, click the Finish button. Now go to the android studio preferences Android SDK panel to check the new SDK has been checked.
3. Question & Answer.
3.1 Unable to access Android SDK add-on list after reinstall android studio.
- I reinstalled my Android Studio these days, and when I run it for the frist time after reinstall. I encounter the error message Unable to access Android SDK add-on list. Follow the instructions, I configured the proxy settings by click Setup proxy and check the Auto-detect proxy, and all the connection is successful. But when I click the OK button, it still shows the Unable to access Android SDK add-on list error. My OS is windows.
- Maybe this is because of your firewall, you can turn your firewall off and add the
android.batfile to the windows firewall trusted files, then you can check whether this can fix the error or not.
- You can also follow the below steps.1. Make sure you are connecting with the internet. 2. Clear all the network adapter or router DNS settings in your network. 3. Turn your firewall off entirely. 4. Exit all the applications that has heavy internet usage, those applications may slow down your nework connection. 5. Exit android studio, and run android SDK Manager to make sure all the components that require updtes updated. 6. Run the andorid studio again.