When i install mac os high sierra or mojave on my virtualbox vritual machine. I meet an error that is can not select target disk to install the mac os. After investigate i finally find the method to fix this issue. This article will tell you how to fix it step by step.
1. How To Reproduce Can Not Select Disk To Install MacOS Error Window.
- Start the virtual machine, then select the second item Reinstall macOS in macOS Utilities window, click Continue button.
- Then it will popup install mac os high sierra or mojave welcome window.
- Click Continue button in above window, then click Agree button in the next window. And then it will go to another window which want you to select the disk to install the mac os. But you can not select the disk because there is no disk to select.
2. How To Fix No Disk To Select Error When Install Mac OS In Virtual Machine.
The reason for this issue is because there do not has partition on the virtual disk, so we should first create a partion on the virtual disk, then you can select the virtual disk partition to install mac os.
- Click Install macOS High Sierra —> Quit Install macOS menu item in top left corner to quit mac os installation wizard.
- Then select Disk Utility in macOS utilities window, click Continue button.
- Select the virtual disk in Disk Utility left panel, then click Erase button at top bar, it will popup a window. Input the partition name, select partition format Mac OS Extended ( Journaled ) in the format drop down list, click Erase button at bottom of popup window to start creating the partition.
- When create partition process complete, click Done button to finish it. Then close Disk Utility window to go back to macOS Utilities window. Now you can select Reinstall macOS to install it again, and you can select the virtual disk partition during the installation process now.