When i copy files from MacOS X to a usb disk with both command key or drag and drop action, the operation can not be processed. After some time investigate with google. I finally found the reason. This article will tell you how to resolve can not copy files from MacOS to Usb Disk issue.
1. Format The USB Disk With ExFat File Format.
The main reason about this issue is MacOS can only read NTFS format files but can not write files to NTFS disk. So if the USB disk is NTFS format, then the copy and paste operation can not operated. So we should change the USB Disk file format to others such FAT or ExFat. But ExFat is a more good choice.
1.1 Change USB Disk File Format Steps.
- Open a MacOS Finder —> Applications —> Utilities —> Disk Utility.
- Select the USB disk in left panel.
- Then click the Erase button at the top of right panel. Select ExFAT in the Format drop down list and begin format.
- After the format process complete successfully, you can copy files from MacOS to usb disk.