This article will show you how to Open, Close, or Save android studio projects. It will also show you how to browse the project folder or file’s physical hard disk directory in android studio.
1.How To Open Android Studio Project.
- When you start the android studio for the first time, it will show you the Welcome to Android Studio window.
- In the above window left side is the Recent Projects list panel, you can open a recent android project by clicking the android project name in the Recent Projects list panel.
- You can also click the ” File —> Open Recent ” menu in the android studio top menu bar to open recent projects.
- If your project does not exist in the recent projects list. Then you can click the Open an existing Android Studio project link in the Welcome to Android Studio window right panel to find the existing project location. You can also click the ” File —> Open ” menu in the android studio top menu bar to achieve this after you start the android studio.
- After the above action, a window named Open File or Project will pop up. You should browse the existing android studio project saved directory and select one and then click the OK button to open it.
- Then you can see your existing project files listed in the left panel project view.
2. How To Close, Save Android Studio Project.
- To close the project you need to click the ” File —> Close Project ” menu in the top menu bar.
- To save the Android project, you need to click the ” File —> Save All ” menu in the top menu bar.
3. How To Open Project Saved Directory In Hard Disk Directly.
- If you want to browse the android project saved directory in hard disk directly in android studio, you can right-click any item in the android project view list tree, then click Show in Explorer or Directory Path menu item in the popup menu list.
- If you click the Show in Explorer menu item, it will open a windows file explorer which includes the android project files. In the above example, we choose to show app/build folder’s hard disk physical directory. Then you can see the folder path in Windows Explorer address text box and the folder files in the Windows Explorer.
- If you click the Directory Path menu item, it will popup the Show in Explorer dialog window that lists all the directories for you to choose which directory in the directory path that you want to explore. You can select your desired directory and click it to explore its content.