I use my iPhone to take a lot of videos and save them to iCloud automatically. Recently I want to edit some video files on my Mac computer, but I found I can find the video file on the Mac Photos app, but can not edit it there. So I want to export the video file to a local Mac folder to edit them. This article will tell you how to move the video file from the Mac Photos app to a Mac folder.
1. How To Move Photos From Photos App To Folder On Mac.
- Open a Finder window on your Mac by clicking the Finder icon on the bottom left corner of the dock bar ( locate at the bottom area of the screen ).
- Click the Applications item on the opened Finder window.
- Double-click the Photos item on the Finder window right side to open the Photos application.
- Select the video or image files that you want to export on the Photos application’s right side.
- Click the item File —> Export —> Export 6 Videos / Export Unmodified Original for 6 Videos to export video files.
- Click the item File —> Export —> Export 6 Photos / Export Unmodified Original for 6 Photos to export photo files.
- Do not change anything in the next popup window by default ( of course you can customize the export settings as you required in the dialog window ), and all the files will be saved using the original file names.
- Click the Export button on the window.
- Then select the folder that you want to save the exported file.
- Click the button Export or Export Originals to export the photo file to the saved folder.