This article will tell you how to install python interpreter in PyCharm project. Before start, you should make sure you had installed python on your system.
1. How To Install Python Interpreter In PyCharm.
- Open PyCharm IDE, i use PyCharm community edition with anaconda plugin.
- Then click PyCharm —> Preferences… menu item ( Mac OS) or Window —> Preferences menu item ( Windows OS ).
- In the popup window, click Project —> Project Interpreter menu item at left panel. Then you can see there are no Project Interpreter that has been selected in right panel.
- Click the Project Interpreter drop down list in right panel, then click Show All… item, it will popup a dialog.
- There is a default PyCharm python interpreter in the dialog. You can select it as the project python interpreter.
- If you want to install other python interpreter, you can click the plus
+button at bottom left corner of the Project Interpreters popup dialog. Then it will popup Add Python Interpreter window. You can select the python interpreter type from the left pane as you needed.
- After you select one python interpreter in PyCharm, it will list all the modules package and version information that has been installed in that interpreter, you can code and run your python program with that python interpreter.