Microsoft Edge is more and more popular today, but there are fewer extensions for Edge in the Edge extension store. There are a lot of google chrome extensions in the google chrome extensions web store, and this article will tell you how to install the google chrome extensions for Edge.
1. Why We Need To Install Google Chrome Extensions For Edge.
- The newest version of the Microsoft Edge web browser uses google Chromium as the render engine, so it supports the google chrome extensions also.
- Google Chrome extensions web store contains a large number of extensions that have been used by millions of users that confirms they are stable.
2. How To Install Google Chrome Extensions For Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Click the Settings and more button ( … three horizontal dots) on the top right corner of the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Click the Extensions menu item in the popup menu list, it will open the Extensions dialog.
- Click the Manage extensions button at the bottom of the dialog.
- Then turn on the toggle button Allow extensions from other stores on the bottom left of the Extensions page.
- Now you can go to the Google Chrome Extensions Web Store to install the chrome extensions for Edge.
- This feature is supported by the newest version of Microsoft Edge only, so if you have an older version of Microsoft Edge, you need to upgrade it first to use it.