When I import an existing project in eclipse, I meet the below issue message Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace. I can see my project in the Projects list, but I can not check the checkbox before the project to import it. My eclipse project is a python PyDev project. This article will tell you how to fix it.
1. How To Reproduce Some Projects Cannot Be Imported Because They Already Exist In The Workspace Issue.
- First, make sure you have installed the eclipse PyDev plugin in your eclipse IDE.
- Open eclipse, right-click the Project Explorer blank area.
- Click the Import… menu item in the popup menu list to open the Import dialog.
- Click the General —> Existing Projects into Workspace, then click the Next button.
- Now it comes to the Import Projects wizard dialog.
- Click the Browse… button at the end of the Select root directory: input text box to select your existing python PyDev project saved folder.
- After you choose the correct existing python PyDev project saved folder, you can find your PyDec projects in the Projects list below the above text box.
- But you will find that the PyDev projects are not checkable, the checkbox before the projects list is disabled.
- So you can not import your existing python PyDev projects.
2. How To Fix Some Projects Cannot Be Imported Because They Already Exist In The Workspace Issue.
- As the issue message said, the imported project already exists in the workspace, so fixing this issue is very easy also.
- You can click the eclipse Window —> Show View —> Other… menu item on the top menu bar.
- Then it will pop up the Show View dialog.
- Input the keyword Navigator in the type filter text input textbox.
- And select the General —> Navigator item.
- Now you can see your python PyDev project in the eclipse Navigator view panel.