I install a WordPress website on my local computer first. Then I upload the local WordPress website’s folder to my VPS server. I also import the local WordPress website SQL data into the online WordPress website MySQL database. But when I log in to the WordPress website, I find there is no Add New button on both Appearance & Plugins page. This is very strange, it wastes me some time to fix it. I will tell you how to fix it in this article.
1. How To Fix No Add New Button In Fresh Installed WordPress WebSite Appearance And Plugins Page.
- I googled and find some answers.
- The first one is to add the below code to the WordPress website’s wp-config.php file and then restart the httpd or Nginx service to activate it.
define('DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT', false); define('DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', false);
- But this does not take effect in my case.
- In my case, the reason is that the data in the WordPress website’s database is not clean.
- Because I do not drop all the existing tables in the online website’s MySQL database before importing the local database data into it.
- So I drop all the tables in the online WordPress website’s MySQL database and import the local database data into it again.
- Now, when I log in to the online WordPress website again, I can find the Add New button on the Appearance & Plugins page.