Recently when I open several tabs in the google chrome web browser, I find it is too slow to create a new tab to load a web page, and it is also slow to switch between the opened tabs, for each tab switch, it needs almost 5 seconds, this makes me crazy. After investigation, I finally find the method to fix this issue.
1. How To Fix Google Chrome Tab Switching Too Slow Issue.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser.
- Click the 3 vertical dots on the web browser’s top right corner.
- Then click the Settings menu item on the dropdown menu list.
- Or you can input the URL address chrome://settings/ in the google chrome web browser URL address bar, then press the Enter key to open the google chrome settings page.
- Input the keyword hardware in the top search text box to search.
- You can find the item System —> Use hardware acceleration when available below the search box.
- Click the toggle button on the end of the above item to turn it off.
- Now you will find it is faster and smoother when you switch browser tabs between different google chrome tabs.
- This method can also be used on Microsoft Edge when you meet such issues when you are using the Microsoft Edge web browser to browse multiple web pages in different tabs.