After I reinstall VMware Fusion in macOS, when I click it to open it, it will popup a dialog with the error message File not found.
The reason for this error is because I manually delete a virtual machine file that I had created in the old version of VMware Fusion before, and the remove action takes place in mac OS Finder, not in VMware Fusion. Then when I launch the new VMware Fusion, it can not find the old virtual machine file.
1. How To Fix File Not Found Error When Launching VMware Fusion.
- Right-click the VMware Fusion icon in the macOS dock, then it will pop up a menu list.
- You can see the first item is the old VMware virtual machine that the virtual machine file has been removed manually in macOS Finder.
- To fix this error, just click the Virtual Machine Library menu item in the above popup menu list, then it will popup the virtual machine library window.
- Right-click the removed virtual machine under the VIRTUAL MACHINES folder in the Virtual Machine Library window left panel, then click Delete menu item in the popup menu list to remove it.
- After removing the old virtual machine from VMware Fusion, you can launch it successfully.
2. How To Create Virtual Machine In VMware Fusion.
- Follow the below steps to create a new virtual machine in VMware Fusion.
- Right-click the VMware Fusion icon in the macOS dock, click the Virtual Machine Library menu item, then click plus button (
+) at the top left corner, then click New menu item.
- It will go to the Select the Installation Method window, click the install from disk or image button, and click the Continue button.
- It will go to the Create a New Virtual Machine window, click the Use another disk or disc image button to select the iso file, then click the Continue button.
- Then it will go to the Microsoft Windows Easy Install window, check the Use Easy Install checkbox, input the account name and password, and select the windows version ( for example Windows 10 Pro ), you can ignore the Windows Product Key here, then click the Continue button.
- Now it will go to the Integration window, select the More Seamless button, and click the Continue button.
- In the Finish window, it will list a summary of the virtual machine settings, click the Finish button to complete the virtual machine creation. It will pop up a dialog to let you choose the virtual machine saved folder.
- After creating the virtual machine, you can click the settings icon at the virtual machine top toolbar to change the virtual machine settings, such as memory size, disk space size, etc.
- You can see this example demo video from URL How To Fix File Not Found Error When Launching VMWare Fusion On Mac OS.