After i reinstall VMware Fusion in macOS, when i click it to open it, it will popup a dialog with error message File Not Found as below picture.
The reason for this error is because i manually delete a virtual machine file which i had created in old version VMware Fusion before, and the remove action take place in mac OS Finder not in VMware Fusion. Then when i launch the new VMware Fusion, it can not find the old virtual machine file.
1.How To Fix File Not Found Error When Launching VMware Fusion.
Right click the VMware Fusion icon in dock, then it will popup below menu list. You can see the first item is the old virtual machine, and the virtual machine file has been removed manually in macOS Finder.
To fix this error, just click the Virtual Machine Library menu item in above menu list, then it will popup below virtual machine library window. Right click the removed virtual machine in left panel, then click Delete menu item in the popup menu list. After remove the old virtual machine from VMware Fusion, you can launch it successfully.
2. How To Create Virtual Machine In VMware Fusion.
Follow below steps to create new virtual machine in VMware Fusion.
- Right click VMware Fusion icon in dock, click Virtual Machine Library menu item, then click plus button (
+) at top left corner, then click New menu item.
- Click install from disk or image icon, click Continue button.
- Click use another disk or disc image button to select the iso file, then click Continue button.
- Input account name, password and select windows version in next window, click Continue button.
- Select More Seamless in Integration window, click Continue button.
- Click Finish button to complete the virtual machine creation. It will popup a dialog to let you choose the virtual machine saved folder.
- After create the virtual machine, you can click the settings icon at virtual machine top tool bar to change the virtual machine settings, such as memory size, disk space size etc.
- You can see below youtube video to learn more, thanks.