After installing a Linux ( Ubuntu or CentOS ) in Oracle VirtualBox, you should want to enable the copy & paste function between the virtual machine and the host machine. This article will tell you how to do it.
- First, you should start the virtual machine.
- Then click Devices —> Insert Guest Additions CD image… menu item to install the VirtualBox Guest Additions software in your virtual machine OS.
- If you meet an error during the above process, you can read the article How To Resolve VirtualBox Guest Additions: Kernel Headers Not Found For Target Kernel Error to learn how to fix it.
2. Enable Copy & Paste ( Share Clipboard ) Between Oracle VirtualBox Virtual Machine And Host Machine Steps.
- Right-click the virtual machine in VirtualBox.
- Then click Settings… menu item in the popup list.
- Then click the Advanced tab in the General settings window.
- Select Bidirectional item in the Shared Clipboard drop-down list.
- You can also select the Bidirectional item in the Drag’n Drop drop-down list.
- You can also click Devices —> Shared Clipboard —> Bidirectional , Devices —> Drag and Drop —> Bidirectional menu item to configure above settings.