Most web site traffic comes from google search. If you want your website has a higher page rank in google search result, besides quality and unique page content the most important thing is your website page load speed. This article will tell you how to make your web page simple and clear to decrease page load time to improve page load speed.
1. How To Measure Web Page Load Speed.
First you should know how quickly or slowly your web page load speed is, you can use a lot of tools to test this. We recommend you to use google page speed insights, because this is google official tool to test page speed and return a speed score. And google will rank you web page based on this score in the future. Below is the steps.
- Open a web browser and go to google page speed insights.
- Input the web page url in the input text box.
- Then click ANALYZE button, wait for some time, and the result will be shown under it. Click MOBILE or DESKTOP tab to see page speed scores on different device. Higher score means the web page load speed is faster.
2. How To Improve Original Web Page Load Speed.
Besides use CDN or Cache plugin to improve your website load speed, you also need to make your website page as simple and clear as possible to make original web page load faster without CDN and Cache. Below are some opinions which i summarized.
- Reduce images count in a page. Less images in a web page will save a lot of traffic, it also save a lot of load time. If you do need a lot of images, you can record a video and put the video on your youtube channel, and then embed the youtube video in your web page. Because youtube video is not loaded when load web page, then it can reduce a lot of load time.
- Do not show post featured images in index home page. This can reduce the index home page load time ( How To Hide WordPress Featured Image In Post Index Page ).
- Remove unnecessary widgets such as recent posts, top 10 posts, add to any button etc. Because these widgets also need execution time and generally these widgets has less effect to the page rank.
- Use one cache plugin ( WP Super cache ) or cdn service ( cloudflare or ezoic cdn ), but do not use them at same time. Because they may have conflicts.