Ezoic cache app can provide CDN service. It will cache your web page in ezoic server, when a user browse your web page, ezoic cache will return the cached web page from the server which is located nearest to the request user, this can improve your website response speed and reduce page load time. The ezoic cache also behave like a firewall between client user and your original web server to protect your website.
1. How To Turn On Ezoic Cache.
- Login to ezoic management website.
- Select your website domain at top left corner.
- Click Speed icon at top menu bar.
- Scroll down to the CACHING section.
- Click GO TO APP button at end of the CACHING section, this will direct you to the CACHING app settings page.
- In the CACHING app settings page, turn on Enable CDN Services toggle button to turn on ezoic caching.
2. Config Ezoic Caching.
- Scroll down the ezoic caching app page to Cache Setting Values section. You can change caching settings in this section.
- There are a lot of caching parameters which you can change and you can get more detail explain for each parameter by hover your mouse key on the
?icon besides the parameter name.
- The Default Cache Age‘s value must small or equal to Maximum Cache Age‘s value. And if your website content do not change often, you can set these two parameter’s value to a more bigger one ( for example 3 days ). This can make ezoic cache your web page for more longer time, and make more client request get the web page from ezoic cache rather than from original web server to reduce page load time.
- But if you set above two parameter’s value more longer, then when you publish new posts, the post index page ( generally home page ) will not display the new posts immediately. It will wait for the cached post index home page expire then go to original web server to get new post index home page. And your new posts will be shown in the new post index home page.
- Another parameter you should take care is Vary Headers to be removed from origin. Because cache server will cache web page based on the http response Vary header’s value, so if you find the Vary header’s value contains element such as Cookie, then the cache will not working properly because every client request’s cookies is different. The ideal Vary header’s value is Accept-Encoding. You can refer article How To Set Http Header Vary Value Correct To Make Cache Work Effective, How To Modify Http Response Header In WordPress, How To Remove Cookie In WordPress Plugin Wp Super Cache Http Response Header Vary. to learn more.
3. How To Check Ezoic Caching Status And Increase Cache Hit, Decrease Cache Miss.
- Click Analytics icon at top menu bar in ezoic management web page. This will direct you to ezoic big data analytics dashboard.
- Click Site Speed —> Caching —> Ezoic Caching menu item at left side, then you can see the caching status diagram at right side.
- Blue line represent cache hit number, green line represent cache miss number. Ideally the blue line ( cache hit ) should more higher than green line ( cache miss ).
- If you find that cache miss higher than cache hit, you can change the Default Cache Age‘s value and Maximum Cache Age‘s value to a bigger number ( in seconds ) in cache settings.
- When the cache hit number drop down and cache miss number grow up, this is maybe because your website traffic drop down also. In this case, you had better change Default Cache Age‘s value and Maximum Cache Age‘s value to a more bigger number ( in seconds ) in cache settings.