When you use macOS you will find the program auto launching at macOS startup is very convenient. But if there are a lot of programs launching at macOS startup, you will find that is a matter. So we should stop some not often used programs from launching at macOS startup. This article will tell you how to do it.
1. Stop Program Auto Launching At MacOS Startup By Uncheck Login Options.
- Right click the program icon at macOS dock.
- Then click Options menu item.
- Make sure uncheck the Open at Login sub menu item.
2. Stop Program Auto Launching At MacOS Startup By Change User Login Items.
- Click mac logo —> System Preferences menu item at macOS top left corner.
- Click Users & Groups icon at the popup System Preferences window.
- Select the user at left side, click Login Items tab at right side. Then you can select which program will be launched when the user login by check or uncheck the Hide checkbox. If you check the Hide checkbox , then the program will not auto launch when this user login.
3. Stop Program Auto Launching At MacOS Startup By Change Program Settings.
For some program, you can configure it to not launch at macOS startup. I just use TeamViewer as an example.
- Click TeamViewer —> Preferences menu item.
- Uncheck the Start TeamViewer with System checkbox.
You can use both above 3 methods to configure your program to not launch at macOS startup.