Excel auto-correct feature is very helpful when you input wrong text in an excel cell. It can help you to correct some typo mistakes. But for some time this feature is not needed so we should disable it. For example, if you want to type text ehr in an excel cell, then excel correct it to text her, but this is not what you want. In this article, I will tell you how to disable the excel auto-correct function.
1. Turn Off Excel AutoCorrect Function Steps.
- Click File —> Options menu item.
- Click the Proofing item on the left side.
- Click the AutoCorrect Options button on the right side.
- Click the AutoCorrect tab at the popup dialog window.
- There is a list of autocorrect checkboxes ( Show AutoCorrect Options buttons, Correct TWo INitial CApitals, Capitalize first letter of sentences, Capitalize names of days, Correct accidental use of cAPS LOCK key, Replace text as you type ), you can uncheck the function which you do not need.
- In this example, I will uncheck the checkbox Replace text as you type. After that when I type ehr in a cell it will not correct it to her.
- You can type the wrong text such as ehr in the Replace text box, and you can input the correct text her in the With text box.
- Do not forget to click the OK button to save the changes.