Excel auto correct feature is very helpful when you input wrong text in excel cell. It can help you to correct some type mistakes. But for some time this feature is not needed so we should disable it. For example if you want to type text ehr in cell, then excel correct it to text her, but this is not what you want. In this article i will tell you how to disable excel auto correct function.
1. Turn Off Excel AutoCorrect Function Steps.
- Click File —> Options menu item.
- Click Proofing item at left side.
- Click AutoCorrect Options button at right side.
- Click AutoCorrect tab at popup dialog window.
- There are a list of auto correct checkbox, you can uncheck the function which you do not need.
- In this example, i will uncheck the Replace text as you type checkbox. After that when i type ehr in a cell it will not correct it to her.
- You can type the wrong text such as ehr in the Replace text box, then it will display the correct text her in With text box.
- Do not forget click OK button to save the changes.