In this article i will tell you how to generate a column chart ( bar chart ) in excel based on multiple excel cell data. You can customize the column chart Chart Title, Axes, Axis Titles, Data Labels, Data Table, Legend, Trend Lines etc. You can also customize the chart style and column color and filter out the chart column by column values and names.
1. Create Excel Column Chart By Cell Data Example.
- First you should provide some cell data in excel worksheet. In below example, there are four rows. The first row is a merged row with the chart title in it. The second row is month value row. The third row is iOS device sale values for each month. The fourth row is Android device sale values for each month.
- Select the second, third and fourth rows. Then click Insert —> Insert Column or Bar Chart drop down list.
- It will list a lot of bar chart template, you can select the one which need. If you want more chart, you can click the More Column Charts menu item at the bottom of the drop down list. It will prompt a dialog to let you select more chart template. The chart template include both column chart and other style chart.
- As an example, we just select the default column chart template. You can also press
Alt + F1to create the default column chart by the selected cell data.
- Double click the Chart Title to input your own chart title.
- Select the chart, there will show a
+icon at top left side, click it will list all the Chart Elements which you can used.
- Click the second brush icon at the chart top left side, it will display the chart style and color options. You can select different chart style and colors.
- If you just want show some data in the column chart, you can click the third filter icon at chart top left side. Then you can select which columns do not need to be created in the chart by uncheck the checkbox before it. Do not forget to click Apply button to save the changes after selection.