Selenium IDE is very useful and flexible when the tester writes test case automation scripts. The Selenium IDE’s record function is a more important feature in this tool. It allows the developer or tester to record the business processes that need to be tested and save the user’s actions into a script during the test. Thus the script can fully simulate the manual testing process when it runs.
In addition, it also provides a verification interface, which is convenient for testers to verify whether the expected value of the test is consistent with the actual value. This article will tell you how to install Selenium IDE in both Firefox and Google Chrome.
1. How To Install Selenium IDE In Firefox & Google Chrome.
- Go to the selenium IDE home page https://www.selenium.dev/selenium-ide/.
- There are two download buttons, one is CHROME DOWNLOAD, the other is FIREFOX DOWNLOAD.
- Click the FIREFOX DOWNLOAD button will direct you to the firefox selenium IDE add-on install page, click the Add to Firefox button to add it.
- You can click Firefox Open Application Menu ( 3 short lines on the Firefox top right corner ) —> Add-ons and Themes —> Extensions menu item to manage the Selenium IDE addons.
- Click the CHROME DOWNLOAD button will direct you to the chrome web store selenium IDE extensions install page, click the Add to Chrome button to add the selenium IDE to google chrome.
- You can click Google Chrome Customize and control Google Chrome ( 3 dots on the Chrome top right corner ) —> More tools —> Extensions menu item to manage the Selenium IDE addons.
- When you click the selenium IDE extension/add-on button icon, it will pop up the selenium IDE main window. We can record the test case script in that window.