My project use SourceTree to push and pull commits from a git repository. When I pull a remote commit, I meet an error message like this: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge, Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge.
* branch master -> FETCH_HEAD error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge: PythonExampleProject/.pydevproject PythonExampleProject/com/.../mongo/MongoDBConnect.py Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge. Aborting Updating 31bddd97..ea752301 Completed with errors, see above
After investigating, I finally find the method to fix this error, and the pull remote commits action perform successfully. Below are the steps.
- Select the files in SourceTree which are not committed to the repository remote server.
- Right-click the uncommitted files and click the Reset to Commit… menu item in the popup menu. This menu item will discard those not pushed committed changes.
- If you have removed the above-uncommitted files, it will pop up a dialog window that lets you select the commit which you wish to revert the selected files to, you can select a commit in this dialog.
- Click the OK button in the next 2 popup dialog. Then you can click the pull icon in the top SourceTree toolbar to pull commits from the remote repository server.