When I install the .Net Framework on windows 7. I encounter an error that said A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Below are the detailed error messages.
1. The Error Detail Message.
- Below are the detailed error messages.
OS Version = 6.1.7601, SP = 1.0, Platform 2, Service Pack 1 OS Description = Win7 - x64 Service Pack 1 MSI = 5.0.7601.17514 Windows version = amd64_windowsfoundation_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_615fdfe2a739474c.manifest Windows servicing = 6.1.7601.17514 CommandLine = D:\3dc35676d658a579dbe45828e9bb\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64 /redist Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation: Installing Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Setup Package Version = 4.7.03081 User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded Number of applicable items: 10 D:\3dc35676d658a579dbe45828e9bb\netfx_Full_x64.msi - Signature verification for file netfx_Full_x64.msi (D:\3dc35676d658a579dbe45828e9bb\netfx_Full_x64.msi) failed with error 0x800b0109 (A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.) No FileHash provided. Cannot perform FileHash verification for netfx_Full_x64.msi File netfx_Full_x64.msi (D:\3dc35676d658a579dbe45828e9bb\netfx_Full_x64.msi), failed authentication. (Error = -2146762487). It is recommended that you delete this file and retry setup again. Exe (D:\3dc35676d658a579dbe45828e9bb\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded. Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt ServiceControl operation succeeded! ServiceControl operation succeeded! Exe (D:\3dc35676d658a579dbe45828e9bb\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded. Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x800B0109), "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:08).
2. How To Fix This Error.
- Download the MicrosoftRootCertificateAuthority2011.cer.
- Click it to run it, then click the General tab.
- Click the Install Certificate… button, then click Next in the Certificate Import Wizard popup dialog.
- In the Certificate Store wizard window, click the Place all certificates in the following store radio button.
- Click the Browse… button, then select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder.
- Click the Next button, in the next wizard dialog, you can see the Trusted Root Certification Authorities item in the list.
- Click the Finish button.
- Click the Yes button in the popup window to confirm to import the certificate.
- Now you can install the .NET Framework on Windows 7 successfully.