Hello, today I will show you how to create a java project with MyEclipse. It is the same in eclipse, but I use MyEclipse so I just show you how to create it with MyEclipse. Before using MyEclipse to start writing java code, you should download and install JDK and MyEclipse first. I use jdk1.7 in my example, so I prefer you to use jdk1.7 also.
1. How To Install MyEclipse.
- Go to the MyEclipse official website to download the MyEclipse installer.
- Double click the installer to install MyEclipse, the installation process is very straightforward.
- When the MyEclipse is installed successfully, it will prompt a launch window to let you Add a local project or Clone a Git repository.
- Click the Add a local project link at the bottom left corner of the launch window, it will prompt a wizard dialog to let you choose the project and workspace saved folder.
- Please note the project and workspace saved folder should be an existing folder.
- Click the Finish button to complete the MyEclipse launch wizard creation, and it will open the MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench window.
- Click Window —> Preferences menu item in the top toolbar.
- Click Java —> Installed JREs in the left panel of the popup window.
- Check whether the jdk1.7 is added or not in the right panel.
- If not, click the Add button to add jdk1.7(should be JDK, not JRE).
2. How To Create Java Project With MyEclipse.
- Open the MyEclipse enterprise workbench. After you open it, click File —> New —> Java Project menu item.
- In the Create a Java Project wizard window, input the project name and select the location where you store the java source files, you can use the default source files saved location directory also.
- Click the Next button, you can see the default source file folder ( project-name/src ) and the default output folder ( project-name/bin ).
- Click the Finish button, it will prompt the New module-info.java dialog window, you can edit the module name in the input text box. After the change, click the Create button to create the module-info.java file.
- Now the MyEclipse java project has been created successfully, you can see the java project files structure in the MyEclipse left side Package Explorer or Project Explorer panel.
- If you can not see the Package Explorer or Project Explorer panel, you can click the Window —> Show View —> Package Explorer / Project Explorer menu item to show them.
- If you want to create a java class, you can right-click the project-name/src folder in the project Package Explorer, then click the New —> Class menu item to create a new java class.
- You can see the youtube video https://youtu.be/vlDpo-jywc8 to see the video demo for this article.