My website is a WordPress website hosted by bluehost.com. These days i found that when i browse a web page, the browser do not display the web page content but download the page as index.html. This confused me some days. After investigate for a long time, i finally find the method to resolve this problem.
1. Remove AddHandler In .htaccess File.
- Go to your website’s public html root folder ( such as /home1/***/public_html ) .
- Open and edit .htaccess file.
- Remove below AddHandler code ( those code maybe added by some WordPress plugin such as wp super cache when install or uninstall the cache plugin) by comment it.
# BEGIN WordPress # AddHandler application/x-httpd-php70s .php
- Browse the web page again, then you can find the error fixed. If still not fixed then ask your WordPress provider for help.